Thursday, January 11, 2007

Progress-Fortschritte


The floor project is progressing.At least somewhat.However we had to return the bamboo-floor.The installation called for nailing but noone would rent the machine for doing a proper job.And to purchase one was over the top.So, we chose a different wood floor instead.In a somewhat darker color.For clicking together.It is " made in Germany" which pleased my husband very much! HA!
Das Projekt Boden nimmt leichte Formen an.Allerdings haben wir den Bambusboden wieder umgetauscht, denn die Installierung sollte mit Naegeln erfolgen die mit einer Spezialmaschine geschossen werden damit man sie nicht sieht.Keiner verleiht diese Maschine aber.Und Eine kaufen war viel zu teuer.Deswegen haben wir nun einen anderen Boden ausgesucht, etwas dunkler in der Farbe.Sogar " Made in Germany" was Volker sehr freute! HA! Und dieser Boden wird zusammenge"klickt".

7 comments:

T said...

I am confused.... nothing new I know, but nobody would rent you a finished nail gun? or nobody has one to rent?

Priscilla said...

I see you are putting your kids to work! Good for you! I notice Tobias supervising!

(I must get your tele # so I can invite you over for lunch)

Dunja said...

Ok Priscilla...don't worry about inviting me! No need.
Yes, the kids are helping.
T...the special machine was nowwhere to be found to rent.It's not a nailgun, it's a pressure shooter or whatever and over $350 to buy.But for one job, not worth it for us.

T said...

oh I see, yes if it is special wood then they have to make a special tool..... LOL.
anything to sell something.
my hub has so many of those "special" tools for one job that we could rent them out.LOL

Dunja said...

You should!!

Dunja said...

Priscilla , we are listed in the phone book or directory..I just thought of it...

Priscilla said...

I'm not worried about inviting you. I just wanted to.